Saturday, August 21, 2010

Find #76 Phobia #7 ( GC124CB )

This cache having to do with the fear of cemeteries, started off rather uneventful.  This cemetery specifically, was Green Lawn Cemetery in Aston, PA.   The GPS showed the cache in a wooded area next to the cemetery.  I started walking through the woods to get to the cache.  I noticed the ground was rather rough and bumpy for being such a flat forested area.  Continuing on looking for the cache, I noticed in the distance in the woods, what looked like an odd rock.  I then stopped realizing that something was note quite right.  The object, it turned out, after looking around and seeing more of them, was a tombstone!  The bumpy areas that I was walking through... were sunken graves!  Ewwwww!  That was such a nasty feeling.  I am so glad I didn't try this as a night cache.  I would have been freaking out for sure.






I turns out this was not the only area of the cemetery that was a tad over grown.  This wooded area just happened to be the worst.  Weeds over 3 feet tall covered many of the graves and markers in the main open cemetery.  What was really sad is that some graves in the wooded area were only from the 1970's.  I would love to know the story about how this cemetery got this way. 


 The shallow depressions are graves


The "regular" cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment