Sunday, August 15, 2010

Find #50! Maximilian Faktorowicz ( GC1KGTW )

I reached the number 50 benchmark with a mystery cache.  I had a hard time with this one as the puzzle didn't really make sense.  I knew some of the information, but didn't really know what the puzzle was supposed to be.  After sending a note to the cache owner and getting a little hint, I was well on my way to solving it.  

 Bizarre "spiral" tree along the trail to the cache

I wanted Leiper Railway Cache II to be my 50th since one of my loves is anything to do with railways and trains.  This one was a lot closer and located next to Smedley Park in the Swarthmore College nature preserve area.  I enjoy hiking or biking Smedley Park and the nature preserve, so I figured I would hit this one first for the day.   It was great because I saw lots of cool things and I swapped some SWAG for a Mia Johnson CD, "Driver", which turned out to have some pretty good songs.  I had never heard of her before.  She is from the Philadelphia area.  So it was all good that this was my 50th because another one of my favorite activities is listening to music!  

 Mia Johnson "Driver" I Highly recommend!

I took a wrong turn crossing over from Smedley Park, so I ended up on the wrong side of Crum Creek. Fortunately, the water level was low and I found a good spot to ford the creek. I saw a cool "spiral" tree along the trail to the cache which looked like a peppermint twist or something.  Very strange.  Even more strange was when I stumbled upon a tennis court in the middle of the woods.  At least it seemed that way, but it turned out there was a house not too far up the hill through the woods.  It was a bit surreal though thinking that I came upon a tennis court in the middle of the forest.  
Cool looking old tree


Tennis court in the middle of nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment