Friday, July 30, 2010

Find #34: Crossing the Banks of the Nile ( GC11KMN )

This was an easy find outside of the New Jersey Aquarium.  Right off the promenade.  Great view of Philadelphia at night!  This was the only cache out of about 5 on the waterfront that I found.  However, it was my very first New Jersey cache!  The others were very elusive.  I'll return some day during the day light and do some more intense searching. 

Although the scenery and activity along the waterfront are great, you don't want to stray too far away from the waterfront in this area.  Nasty neighborhoods!


I searched for one cache although listed as disabled, I believed was still there according to the logs.  Had I only had the hint that I had printed out and left at home, I may have found it.  Hopefully it is still there when I return.  This cache is in tribute to the USS New Jersey which was nicknamed "The Black Dragon" by the Japanese during WWII.
Battleship USS New Jersey nicknamed "The Black Dragon" by the Japanese

No comments:

Post a Comment